The PADI IDC prepares you to confidently teach the PADI system of diver education. At Any Water Sports, the IDC is conducted in a stress free, relaxed environment allowing you to learn effectively while you gain the skills and experience required to become a PADI instructor. At our 5-Star Instructor Development Facility, we will provide the best training available in the industry delivered by exceptional, dedicated instructors. This is a challenging, seven-day training program with 31 training sessions in the classroom, pool and open water. After completion, you will be qualified to attend the PADI Instructor Examination which is scheduled either locally or in Southern California at PADI headquarters in Rancho Santa Margarita.
Days Required: 7
- PADI Divemaster or equivalent leadership certification level with recognized diver training organization
- Be at least 18 years old
- A current Medical Statement indicating fitness for diving. A licensed physician must complete and sign the form. Note: The physician signing the form may not be the candidate
- Current CPR and First Aid instructor. The AWS EFR Instructor Course meets this requirement and be taken before or after the IDC
- Be a certified diver for at least six months and have completed and logged 60 dives minimum to begin the IDC and completed/logged 100 dives prior to attending the IE
- Have the required knowledge in dive theory to pass the five-part Dive Theory Exam in physics, physiology, recreational dive planner, skills and environment and equipment.
- Submit documentation for any qualifying certifications issued by another recreational diving organization. Not required for PADI certifications on file
- Complete the Any Water Sports Course Enrollment Agreement
- Course Cost (Opt A) – All classroom sessions: $1,395.00
- Course Cost (Opt B) – eLearning sessions option: $850.00
- eLearning IDC (Opt B): $330.00
- PADI Instructor Application Fee: $145.00
- PADI IDC Crew-Pak: Paper or Digital: $749.75
- Total: $2,289.75 (Opt A) -OR- $2,074.75 (Opt B)