Expand your knowledge and abilities in emergency procedures, accident management, and problem solving while building confidence in your personal scuba skills. The program includes 2 weekends of training: the first weekend alternates between classroom and pool training sessions in San Jose, the second weekend consists of ocean training in Monterey. The following topics will be covered:
- Self-rescue and recognizing and dealing with diver stress
- Emergency management and equipment
- Panicked diver response
- In-water rescue breathing
- Managing dive accident scenarios
- Skin diving and scuba rescue simulations
- You must have an Advanced Open Water certification from a recognized agency (PADI, NAUI, SSI, SDI, etc.).
- You must have completed a sanctioned CPR & 1st Aid course from a recognized agency (American Red Cross, PADI, American Health & Safety, etc.) within the last 24 months. You may complete this certification during or after the Rescue course, but you must be current to receive a Rescue Diver Card.
- You should be in reasonable physical condition for this course as it is fairly strenuous.
- You must be at least 15 years old to participate.
- PADI Rescue Diver Crewpak
$300 ($125 materials and cert fee. $175 instructor fee.)
- Fees cover training materials and certification card.
- Fees do not cover rental gear. (Students who need to rent gear will receive a 20% discount off our normal rental rate.)